Sunday, March 29, 2009

why oh why must it be snowing?

i'm very much in the mood for spring at the moment. especially because of the planned "travels of three kindred spirits" (i'm pretty sure that's the official name until someone imagines a better one). yes, we planned a trip for wisconsin in early april and i hoped for lovely 60 degree weather, i may be a bit delusional. i hoped for a spring trip and instead it will be chilly-end-of-winter trip. oh well. we will still have a lovely time, i'm sure.

enough complaining about this abysmal snow....

i had _no_ idea that abysmal was spelled with a "y". Hopefully I will remember that, my spelling skills are in constant need of improvement.

here's a confession, i _LOVE_ weread on fb. mostly, because i am able to look back with fondness and pride on all the books that i've recently read. yes, i'm very vain about my literary accomplishments.

currently i'm reading three books simultaneously:

_The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher_ soooo fascinating and gruesome
_Marie Antoinette: The Journey_ still plodding through. a little dull and long at times.
_Til We Have Faces_ I've been telling Wade I would read this books since sophomore year. in face, i bought it just before leaving to visit ElizabethAnnewithanE in D.C...I like it much more that I thought I would.

Wade and I have definitely adopted Stella Espresso Co. as our new second home.

so, i babysat for Sarah, Charlie, and Mimi last night. earlier in the day Charlie drank dry erase board cleaner and had to go to the ER. thank you, thank you, thank you that he didn't do that while under my supervision! they didn't even have to pump his stomach, just observed him for a few hours after testing his blood. he was not only drunk from the alcohol in it, but apparently it made him bounce of the walls. kind of humorous in a morbid way. it is amazing any of us live to adulthood...

No comments:

Post a Comment