Saturday, March 14, 2009

I forgot the name of my own blog....that's how long it's been...

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time
It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while
It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

I love love love this song.

The weekend is flying as always.
We spent most of Friday night and all of this morning at a class for people interested in membership at this church where we've been lurking on and off for almost a year (?).
We met some nice people there, including a girl who is also a nanny for three girls, so we had a lot to talk about. But she is also an actress, so much more interesting that me. (There are alot of actors at this church). Upon completion of this class, we realized that this church is really not for us. So....next Sunday we'll visit somewhere new. We need to move in the direction of more emergent churches...that's our theory anyway...that they will maybe be speaking our language?

I have to go babysit in a few hours. Then my sister, two brothers and brother'sgirlfriend are coming into town, so we'll spend all day tomorrow seeing the sights of our city with them. I stole my sister's hoodie and I have to give it back to her now. It's so much warmer than any of my hoodies.

Last weekend we were at my parents and I borrowed a whole stack of books from my childhood. This led to the desire to read through several children's books. They're so delightful. So here's my list:

Roller skates
Bittersweet Time
Lily's Crossing
Blue Willow
Thimble Summer
Calico Captive
The Witch of Blackbird Pond
Secret Garden
Listening for Lions
Homeless Bird
A Time to Keep Silent

Simultaneously, I'm reading a huge biography of Marie Antoinette and a memoir of a girl's drug-filled and promiscuous high school years spent in Central Park and Washington Square in New York City.

I want a smoke.

My husband gives the most amazing foot rubs. 15 minutes on each foot with body butter and when they're over I'm practically tranquilized

No comments:

Post a Comment