Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesdays sometimes turn out wonderful

and this one did. it just did, ok?

i have realized that my blog can never even begin to come close to the brilliance of elizabeth anne with an e's musings on life.

still, i might keep writing on here.

even when i have a stinky attitude or i want to be by myself reading or with other grownups, not a day goes by without reflections on how thankful i am for my job taking care of three beautiful and amazing little girls. Mia and Greta are so damn cute. really, astonishingly cute. and olivia is probably one of the best 5 year olds out there. it's cool. i juts started reading 'besty and tacy" liv. Betsy and Tacy (and later Tib) books! LOVED them as a kid.

every time i use or type the word "cool" i cringe. what a dumb word.

i have been reading some holocaust literature. i finished "the last seven months of anne frank." so fascinating and sad! i love anne. yesterday i began "an interrupted life: the diaries of etty hillesum." i am amazed reading the intimate thoughts of these young women during such an unreal time in history.

"Here goes, then. This painful and well-nigh insuperable step for me: yielding up so much that has been suppressed to a blank sheet of lined paper. The thoughts in my head are sometimes so clear and so sharp and my feelings so deep, but writing about them comes so hard. The main difficulty, I think, is a sense of shame. So many inhibitions, so much fear of letting go, of allowing things to pour out of me, and yet that is what I must do if I am ever to give my life a reasonable and satisfactory purpose. It is like the final, liberating scream that always sticks bashfully in your throat when you make love."

"The fear of missing out on things makes you miss out on everything."

~Etty Hillesum

No comments:

Post a Comment